Tier 5

You can apply for a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa if you:

  • want to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years
  • are aged 18 to 30  have £1,890 in savings
  • have certain types of British Nationality or are from certain countries
  • meet the other eligibility requirements

You need to be sponsored if you are from Hong Kong or the Republic of Korea. You’ll be given a visa to live and work in the UK for up to 24 months. You can do the followings;

  • study – for some courses you’ll need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate
  • work in most jobs
  • be self-employed and set up a company – as long as your premises are rented, your equipment isn’t worth more than £5,000 and you don’t have any employees

You will not be able work as a professional sportsperson (for example as a coach), doctor or dentist in training – unless you can show you qualified in the UK, extend your stay, or get public funds, or bring in family members on your application – they must apply separately

You can enter the UK at any time while your visa is valid, and leave and come back at any time during your stay.

Contact Us

Arden Solicitors Advocates is committed to making its services as competitively priced and as cost-effective as possible.
Call us on 020 8997 8885