This is an application where a parent of a British child who is settled in the UK, wishes to enter to reside in the UK, to contribute towards the up bring of the child.

Requirements for entry as a person exercising access rights to a child resident in the UK

  • The applicant is the parent of a child who is resident in the UK; and
  • The parent or carer with whom the child permanently resides is resident in the UK; and
  • The applicant produces evidence that he has access rights to the child in the form of:
  1. a Residence Order or a Contact Order granted by a Court in the UK; or
  2. a certificate issued by a district judge confirming the applicant’s intention to maintain contact with the child; and
  • The applicant intends to take an active role in the child’s upbringing; and
  • The child is under the age of 18; and
  1. There will be adequate accommodation for the applicant and any dependants without recourse to public funds in accommodation which the applicant owns or occupies exclusively;
  2. The applicant will be able to maintain himself and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds; and
  3. The applicant holds a valid UK entry clearance for entry in this capacity.

The applicant must provide evidence that they are taking, and intend to continue to take, an active role in the child’s upbringing.

error: Content is protected !!
Arden Solicitors Advocates