This is an application for families such as a children(under 18) or partner to join or stay with you in the UK if:

  • you were separated when you were forced to leave your country, and claimed asylum in the UK
  • you have been given asylum or 5 years’ humanitarian protection but you do not yet have British citizenship

If their application is successful, your family members will be allowed to enter the UK, or stay in the UK, with the same permission (‘leave’) as you.

Your partner and any children must meet the following requirements.

Your partner is someone you are in a genuine relationship with. You must be able to prove one of the following:

You are legally married to the applicant
You are in a civil partnership

If you are not married or in a civil partnership, your partner can apply if you were granted refugee status or humanitarian protection on or after 9 October 2006; or you have lived together in a relationship like in a marriage or civil partnership for 2 years and you have been given asylum or humanitarian protection after 9 October 2006
You will need to show that your partner must intend to live together and continue your relationship after they apply.

In order for your child to join you Your child must be under the age of 18; going to live with you and your partner; going to be supported by you without using public funds; not married or in a civil partnership and not in full-time employment

error: Content is protected !!
Arden Solicitors Advocates