|Family and matrimonial matters||(Fixed fee)|
|Divorce applications (consented divorce)||£2,000|
|Plus VAT at 20%, plus, court fee, and other disbursements(if required)|
The fee includes the following;
- Attending upon you to take instructions and advising you
- Writing to the other party as to this matter
- Preparing the divorce petition
- Application for decree nisi
- Application for decree absolute
- The fee includes the current court fee of £593.00
The procedure may take around 4-6 months for a decree absolute to be obtained.
Plus Disbursement, such Process Server for serve of legal documents, or additional court fee, or any other disbursement.
The general rule as to who pays the legal fees in a divorce is that each person getting divorced will pay their legal costs, and the person applying for the divorce (the petitioner) will be responsible for covering the court fee (which is currently £593) and their legal fees.
Declaration of Marital Status (estimate fee is £5,000 plus VAT at 20%). An estimate number of hours is 15 hours to 20 hours, depending on the complexity of your case. The current court fee is £365.00, and counsel fee of around £1,000 plus VAT at 20% for a court hearing.
Family and matrimonial matters (Hourly rate)
Family and Financial Remedy Matters|
Our fee is charged on an hourly rate of £200 plus VAT at 20%. Disbursements are additional.
In cases where there are financial and/or child arrangements to resolve, solicitor costs will vary depending on the complexity of the issues and if additional court proceedings are required
We have broken down the work into 2 stages, so that it is easier to understand
Stage 1, our work includes
- Attending upon you to take instruction
- Consider your documents and to advise
- Letter to other party in order to try to settle. If matter is settled to draft a consent order with an application to the court. (Time fame around 6-8 weeks).
An average may be around £3,000 to 6,000.00 excluding VAT at 20% and disbursements, and this will depend on the amount of work that needs to be done. There may also be a need for a conference with counsel.
Stage 2, If the matter is not settled- Time frame around 5-9 months
- Letter of action to the other side
- Application to the court
- Prepare documents and bundle for disclosure
- Attend hearings(there may be several hearings)
- Prepare witness statement and evidence
- Instruct experts where required
- Prepare chronology and bundle
- Represent at full hearing
- Advise as to decision
. Exploring settlement and negotiating settlement throughout the process
- Preparing or considering a schedule of loss
- Preparing for (and attending) a Preliminary Hearing
- Exchanging documents with the other party and agreeing a bundle of documents
- Taking witness statements, drafting statements and agreeing their content with witnesses
- preparing bundle of documents
- Reviewing and advising on the other party’s witness statements
- Agreeing a list of issues, a chronology and/or cast list
- Preparation and attendance at Final Hearing, including instructions to Counsel
- Any services not included in the price are services by third parties, such as counsel, surveyors, interpreters, search fee, that might reasonably be expected to be included.
- The experience and qualifications of all individuals, please see About Us on this website.|
An estimate fee may be from £7,000.00 excluding (VAT at 20% and disbursements), and this will depend on the amount of work that needs to be undertaken. There may also be a need for a conference with counsel.
Fees in Civil and Family Court Main fees: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fees-in-the-civil-and-family-courts-main-fees-ex50