The requirements for immigration to UK as a Fiancé are very similar to the rules for married couples. The fiancé will have to apply for entry clearance from outside the UK, to enter the UK to marry and the visa is granted for a period of 6 months.
The basic requirements for immigration to UK are as follows:
If there are exceptional reasons for delaying marriage until after the initial six months and extension to stay in the UK may be granted. This visa does not allow the fiancé permission to work in the UK on the fiancé visa, and you and your fiancé must show that there will be sufficient funds and accommodation in the UK without requiring public funds before and after the marriage. Public funds cover various benefits paid by the Government if you are currently looking for work, if you are on a low income and if you are in various other situations.
You will also need to show the follows;

  • you have met your future spouse
  • You must intend to live together permanently with your future spouse once you are married.
  • Children of the overseas fiancé who are under 18 years old are only allowed entry to the UK as dependants if it can be shown that it would cause serious problems if they are not allowed entry at the same time.
  • You should apply for a marriage visa from within the UK when you are married
  • The English language test applies as for spouse visas
error: Content is protected !!
Arden Solicitors Advocates