EEA Applications

EEA Applications- Retained EU Rights -post Brexit

Family Permits
Applications for EEA Family Permits are for nationals of a country, who are outside the European Economic Area (EEA), applying to come to the UK.
The EEA national does not need to be present when you make your application. However, the EEA national must be travelling to the UK with you, or must already be in the UK. If they are not, you must apply for a visa instead of an EEA family permit.
When you apply, you must provide documents to prove your relationship to an EEA national who is coming to the UK or already here.
If a citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland is living in the UK in accordance with the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006, their family members who are not EEA or Swiss citizens also have the right to live here.

Residence Certificate
Residence documents for non-EEA family members of EEA nationals who are working and residing in the UK. While your application is pending, you will normally be granted a Residence Certificate so that you are able to work. They will normally be granted a Residence card for 5 years.

Permanent Resident
EEA national who are exercising Treaty Rights in the UK, can apply for Permanent Residence on completing five year and they will have to show by documentary evidence that they have been exercising Treaty Rights for 5 years. They will have to hold Permanent Residence for 1 year in order to apply for British nationality.

We are able to assist you with:

  • Making an application for a registration certificate, family permit, residence card, derivative residence card, or permanent residence card
  • Appealing to the Immigration Tribunal against a refused application made under European migration laws

If you are thinking about making an application under the European migration laws, or appealing a decision made by the Home Office, our Immigration Team can provide you with quality legal advice to achieve the best possible outcome.

error: Content is protected !!
Arden Solicitors Advocates