Muayad is a legal consultant and lawyer in the Immigration, Employment and Civil law departments. He initially joined the firm in 2004 till 2011 dealing with cases in the areas of Asylum & Immigration Law, Employment Law, obligations, and Contract Law, before working as a lecturer at the School of Law, University of Portsmouth from 2013, teaching courses various areas of law including Employment and Contract law. In 2015 he joined the Faculty of Law at An-Najah National University, in Palestine, as an assistant professor. In 2017 he was appointed Dean of the Faculty of Law. Among other positions Muayad He had been a former member for drafting a bill on Human Organ Transplantation and Transplantation Law in Palestine, which became enforced in April 2017. He also had been a member of the National Committee for the Development of the Justice Sector in Palestine which was formed by a Presidential Ordinance on 6th September 2017.
In 2019 Muayad re-joined our firm while enduring his academic careers at the University Faculty of Law. He is an active legal researcher and has published various articles in Law politics and human rights issues, in both English and Arabic languages.
Muayad is an expert in all aspect of employment and labour law. For over two decades of legal practice at legal firms and academic teaching at universities, Muayad has maintained successful track record for making/defending tribunal claims of unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal, and constructive dismissal. He has also managed other areas of labour law cases including redundancy, unlawful deductions and breach of statutory rights. His latest articles on Employment was published at Liverpool Law Review.
Immigration & Human Rights
Mauayd has long experience in all aspects of immigration law and human rights aspect. He has extensive experience and knowledge in all type of Entry Clearance applications (UK visa application), Further Leave to Remain applications, EEA applications and other Immigration law applications. Muayad has also worked successfully in various human rights cases, namely cases under ECHR grounds.
Muayad is specialists in civil law, he has worked on a variety of challenging cases with success. His experience and main area of practice includes contract, obligations and tort law.
Muayad speaks English and Arabic languages. He has published various articles in Law politics and human rights issues including:
- “The Legal Regulation of Capacity Phases According to the Law in Force in Palestine” An-Najah University Journal for Research – B (Humanities), 2019, accepted for publication, July 2019
- ”The Doctrine of Legitimate Expectation & Proportionality: A Public Law Principle Adopted into the Private Law of Employment” Liverpool Law Review, October 2018, Volume 39, Issue 3, pp 239–264
- State system of government; a comparative study Between the secular, religious, and democratic paradigm (3 parts Published Aug 2018 at pulpit.alwatanvoice.com)
- Commentary: The Constitutional Court Decision on the employees’ Indemnity and Social Security Law, published in 2017
- Administrative Detention of the Israeli Occupation in Light of Humanitarian Law. (Published on 20/10/2016 at aljame3a.com)
- The Importance of Drafting New Act on Transplantation of Human Organs. (Published on 21/8/2016 at pulpit.alwatanvoice.com)
- Compensation for Overtime under Labour Law; Critical Study. (Published on 1/8/2016 at pulpit.alwatanvoice.com)
- In The Shade of Democracy: “Democracy Does Not Merely Mean ‘Majority Rule’ “. Published on 23/05/2015 at Al- Ayam, al-ayyam.ps
Work carried out
30% Employment and Civil matters